What is it about giving that is good for us? According to the article ‘5 Ways Giving Is Good For You’ in Berkeley’s Greater Good Magazine …
- Giving makes us feel happy.
- Giving is good for our health.
- Giving promotes cooperation and social connection.
- Giving evokes gratitude.
- Giving is contagious.
While we love it when people donate unused or old cars, trucks, vans, school buses, commercial vehicles or pieces of farm equipment to a charity through Your Choice To Donate, this is only one way to support charities that are doing good in our local community or around the world.
What Does Giving Look Like?
Giving may be donating an old or unused vehicle or piece of equipment OR it may be giving by:
- Volunteering time by offering administrative help, assisting with the handling of calls in a call centre, preparing and/or serving food, selling clothing and goods in a charity thrift store, etc.
- Giving other needed resources like food, clothes, pet supplies, furniture, etc.
- Contributing financially through a one-time donation or a regular periodic gift.
Giving, of course, isn’t reserved for charities only. Charity and charities are not synonymous. Giving to a registered charity you support is a good thing to do. And, so is giving to a neighbour or local person or family in need. Giving really does come in all shapes and sizes. Small, medium and large, Local, regional, national and international. Time, practical resources, money. Registered charities and groups and individuals who are not able to issue charitable tax receipts.
Giving Isn’t Just About Money
When it comes to giving, we can all do something, because it isn’t just about money.
At Your Choice To Donate we love supporting the work of charities through our Charity Vehicle Donation Program. Donors choose the charity they would like to support and we facilitate the transfer of the vehicle ownership plus the sale or recycling of the vehicle.
With minor repairs, some vehicles may be worth more to a charity resold. If not, the vehicle will be recycled with parts and any metal sold for the benefit of the charity. Each vehicle is evaluated to determine the best course of action. Vehicles are towed free.
Giving is important to almost every charity on the planet. And, vehicle donations provide valuable financial resources to support the running of charities.
Questions about donating a car, truck, van, commercial vehicle or piece of farm equipment to charity?
Call us at:
- 604 845 5577 (Fraser Valley & Vancouver Area)
- 1-877-845-5577 (Kamloops, Kelowna, Lillooet, Merritt)
To donate a vehicle to charity CLICK HERE or on the ‘Donate Vehicle’ button at the top of the page.